What will you learn in Textiles Printing Level 2?
- The process of selecting, creating artwork/ stencil for your screen, i.e. creating your artwork on kodatrace/ transparency
- Screen preparation & reclamation
- Screen coating & exposure.
- The process of painting reactive/ acid stencil inks onto your screen
- Colour matching and ink mixing using reactive and acid dyes
- The process of affixing fabric onto the print table by the means of ‘gumming’
- Fixing/ finishing your printed fabric
- Plain cotton, wool, silk fabric (approx. 50x50cm each)
- Printing dyes/ inks required for use for the duration of the course
- Koda-trace/ drafting film to fit 1x A2 screen (or equivalent)
- Gum tape
- A2 screen x 1 (or equivalent size)
- Lightbox and Exposure Unit
- Dyes and printing paste-mixing paraphernalia
- Aprons + PPE
- Course handouts and printing recipes covered during the course
- Light refreshments
What do you need to supply/ bring yourself?
- Inspiration/ rough idea of what you want to do for your 8 weeks project
- Any fabric of your choice to test, preferably more wool & silk, to last you for the duration of the course.
- Old clothes to print with (you will get messy!) + Wellyboots (optional)
- Masking tapes (widths: 50mm + 25mm)
- Tracing paper
- Sharpie/ opaque black markers, black acrylic paints
- Gouache paints (for ideas development)
- Scalpel with blades
Due to the amount of information covered in this course, you will be expected to do some of the research work and drawings in your own time. Additional materials can also be purchased on the day.
By booking into our courses, you are agreeing to our terms & conditions.