What will you learn in Textiles Printing Level 1?
- The basic principles of screen-printing on fabric/ textiles, tools and equipment introduction & good studio working etiquette
- The basic process of selecting, creating artwork/ stencil for your screen, i.e. creating your artwork on kodatrace/ transparency
- Screen preparation & reclamation
- Screen coating & exposure.
- Colour matching and ink mixing using pigment dyes, discharge and devore.
- Introduction to repeat patterns and creating repeats for printing
- Fixing/ finishing your printed fabric
- Plain cotton, discharge, devore fabric (approx. 50x50cm each)
- Printing dyes/ inks required for use for the duration of the course
- Koda-trace/ drafting film to fit 1x A2 screen (or equivalent)
- Gum tape
- A2 screen x 1 (or equivalent size)
- Lightbox and Exposure Unit
- Dyes and printing paste-mixing paraphernalia
- Aprons + PPE
- Course handouts and printing recipes covered during the course
- Light refreshments
What do you need to supply/ bring yourself?
- Inspiration/ rough idea of what you want to do for your 8 weeks project
- Old clothes to print with (you will get messy!) + Wellyboots (optional)
- Any fabric of your choice to test, to last you for the duration of the course
- Masking tapes (widths: 50mm + 25mm)
- Tracing paper
- Sharpie/ opaque black markers, black acrylic paints
- Gouache paints (for ideas development)
- Scalpel with blades
Due to the amount of information covered in this course, you will be expected to do some of the research work and drawings in your own time. Additional materials can also be purchased on the day.
By booking into our courses, you are agreeing to our terms & conditions.