We’re still open!
Being a small and independent creative business, all the design-led products that are on offer have been crafted in small batches. Seeing as most of them are made to order, the products have primarily been created in isolation in the Edinburgh studio.
With this in mind, there has always been one person preparing, crafting or hand finishing the handcrafted products at any one time. This situation has bided well in maintaining control over the quality of work produced over the years and now could not be more befitting with the existing condition of social distancing and isolation within the spread prevention of COVID-19 government guidelines.
Additional measures have also been introduced within our studio & creative practices during this challenging time in order to protect everyone concerned (you, the community and us), also adhering to government advice and guidelines. Our studio will still be operating, but on a very limited scale, this is what we have put in place:
- Stopping all activities that involves physical face to face or direct contact with one another, i.e. courses, open studios, site project visits and meetings, shows, fairs, etc. We will review this situation on a week-to-week basis, in accordance to government guidelines; however, our preliminary plan will be to somewhat resume again at the start of September 2020.
- We have put all of our custom made products and services on hold until lockdown is eased or lifted.
- Orders and deliveries of products will only be available on the interior accessories range, products of which we have existing stock of already, i.e. coasters, placemats, selected cushions and samples.
- This means that although we are not trading in the conventional way, you can still access our products online, purchased directly from our website.
- When you place an order for the available products, this will be prepared in isolation in the studio adhering to our updated hygiene protocol of:
- Regular hand-washing,
- The use of hand sanitizers,
- Preparation of any products for deliveries with the use of gloves and face masks in a regularly cleaned/ sterilized preparation area,
- Products being dispatched using the no contact services available through Royal Mail and selected courier service. And then delivered to your door by means of no contact method as well.
Due to the current limitations, we are asking for your patience while we’re trying to deliver the best service we possibly can under the circumstance. Please expect delays in the delivery times and our overall services.
You can still buy gift cards, physical or electronic as a gift to someone, should the availability and timing of our products and services become an issue at this time. This gift card can be redeemed on any of our products and services offered on our website once things resume again, i.e. bespoke services, courses, products. This will also be the lifeline for us in continuing with our craft for when we have overcome this challenge.
To show our goodwill and support during this challenging time, also contributing to some positive vibes, we would also like to offer a 10% discount on any purchases made on the website until 31st May 2020. This discount will apply to any products and services, course bookings for future dates and gift card purchases available on the website. Please enter ROCKLOBSTER at the checkout for the discount to be applied. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
We hope that you stay at home and stay safe! 🙂
Designer/ Maker & Owner of Moody Monday
This announcement was posted on: Tues, 28th April 2020